Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frosty Freeze (R.I.P.)

On April 3rd 2008, we lost a true legend and pioneer of Hip Hop culture. Wayne "Frosty Freeze" Frost, member of the Rock Steady Crew was known for his inventive acrobatics and comedic style. His character inspired so many bboys & bgirls. It is without question, the dance world would not be where it is today without Frosty Freeze and his contributions!

Peep; Frosty Freeze Tribute arranged by Popmaster Fabel. You can also see Frosty in some of Hip Hop's classic's documentaries/flims; Flashdance, Wild Style, Style Wars & The Freshest Kids!

*Rock Steady Crew performance at The Common Ground; photographed by Martha Cooper (1981)


My first love, my introduction to Hip Hop was through bboy culture. I started breakin' in 1993, paid a lot of dues and eventually I was recruited into the Rock Steady Crew. Frosty Freeze was there the day I got down and he welcomed me with open arms. He made me feel like I was part of the family and he reinforced that feeling when I ran into him again in San Jose about a year later. Frosty never forgot a face and always treated you like a real person. For that I will never forget him!

*Photographed at Easy Rock's house with Frosty Freeze & Ice Man the day I got down with Rock Steady (2002)

1 comment:

  1. Man Ervin those are some tight pics man.r.I.p.frosty freeze....

    ReplyDelete